- 07/02/2014: The registration webpage is now online. The early registration deadline is August 21.
- 07/03/2014: A hotel reservation form is now available at "Hotel Information". The block of rooms in the conference hotel is reserved till August 21.
- Abstract Submission: April 28, 2014 (UTC-12)
- Paper Submission: May 3, 2014 (UTC-12)
- Notification: June 16, 2014
- Camera Ready Submission: July 4, 2014. See "Submission" for instructions.
- Early Registration Deadline: August 21.
This year, SSS 2014 (Sep 29 - Oct 1) will be preceded by a
Tutorial Day on Self-organizing Physical Systems (Sep 28).
SSS is an international forum for researchers and practitioners in the design and development of distributed systems with self-* properties: (classical) self-stabilizing, self-configuring, self-organizing, self-managing, self-repairing, self-healing, self-optimizing, self-adaptive, and self-protecting. Research in distributed systems is now at a crucial point in its evolution, marked by the importance of dynamic systems such as peer-to-peer networks, large-scale wireless sensor networks, mobile ad hoc networks, cloud computing, robotic networks, etc. Moreover, new applications such as grid and web services, banking and e-commerce, e-health and robotics, aerospace and avionics, automotive, industrial process control, etc. have joined the traditional applications of distributed systems.
The theory of self-stabilization has been enriched in the last 30 years by high quality research contributions in the areas of algorithmic techniques, formal methodologies, model theoretic issues, and composition techniques. All these areas are essential to the understanding and maintenance of self-* properties in fault-tolerant distributed systems.
The SSS conference itself provides a wide spectrum of topics, covered in the following tracks:
- Fault-tolerance and Dependability
- Formal Methods, Safety, and Security
- Ad-hoc, Sensor and Mobile Networks, Cyberphysical Systems
- Cloud Computing, P2P, Self-organizing and Autonomous Systems
SSS 2014 will be published in the Springer LNCS series and is supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG).